4.21.2010

Dead hotties

Amy and I did our best to come up with the most handsome historical men. I tried to keep it pre-photographic, but I couldn't help myself in a few cases.

William Butler Yeats:
Alexander Hamilton:
Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa:
Lord Byron:
Tom Dissevelt:
Genghis Khan:
Jack London:
Søren Kierkegaard:
Wyatt Earp:
Maximilien Robespierre:
Franz Schubert:
(Please forgive the lack of ethnic diversity - history was not always politically correct.)

See updated contributions after the jump!


This is Amy's addition - James Ensor:And Wil's 'classic' contribution - Alcibiades Cleiniou Scambonides:
Correction: I mistakenly indicated Robert Schumann, whereas I meant Franz Schubert.

3 comments:

  1. This suggestion won't increase diversity, but Alcibiades was considered the hottest thing in Greece during the second half of 5th century BC. Supposedly, he could bed anyone but Socrates. Don't know if the busts make him look that hot, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://bangabledudesinhistory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your site! I sing in a Renaissance choir and started what I call Renaissance Hotties, but in this case (because a lot of them weren't) choosing men from today who eerily resemble the composers of then, but are much better looking. For example, Colin Firth as William Byrd... every time we had a new composer I'd find a picture of the real guy, like Gesualdo, who looks almost exactly like John Travolta, etc.

    ReplyDelete